1. Sunday: I was at the grocery store checkout counter; the lady in front of me left her buggy in the middle of the aisle. Instead of walking around it, I moved it where it belonged. (though I admit with a little grumbling). I hope it at least helped the employees a little.
2. Sunday: We received good news this week that a friend’s breast mass was benign! So thankful for that!
3. Monday: Usually, I go to Costco with my husband on an evening or weekend. I decided this week to go on Monday by myself. (we really needed some stuff before the weekend!). I was glad I did! As it was 10:00 in the morning, it was not busy. We (my Sophie and I) were also able to enjoy the sample stations. (usually there are a hundred people waiting in line, and I just don’t have that much patience or time to wait in line!)
4. Tuesday: I enjoy Christmas lights all season, but I tend to enjoy them more after Christmas. Maybe it’s because a small part of me is ready for the new year, but I think mostly I know they are only going to be on for a few more days. Then we will have to wait another 11 months! Bittersweet.
5. On Wednesday, I was able to enjoy an afternoon to myself. Now, I love spending time with my daughter and husband, but I do enjoy those rare moments of times where it is just me. I did end up cleaning most of the day, but it was without interruptions! (I forgot how productive I can be without a toddler following my every step!)
6. New Year’s day and New year’s eve, we were able to enjoy catching up with dear friends. We only need to make more time in our daily lives!
7. Friday: Dance party with my little girl. (And no, I did not video it!)
One last moment that was too sweet to not share: Tonight while putting my Sophie to bed, I was able to rock with her. Now this may not seem like much, but for us it’s rare. Sophie is usually asking to be put her in her crib and is not willing to sit still for longer than a minute. But tonight, but she sat in my lap with her precious head bundled against my chest, and we listened to the rain. My little bit of heaven on earth.
Don’t forget to share any moments you had this week!
Matthew 5:16 (ESV): In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.