You are good enough! It is as simple as that, you are good enough. That is what this week is all about, learning to value ourselves. Recently, I have heard way too many indications of women telling themselves they are not good enough. It is a lie and it angers me beyond comprehension! It saddens me, and breaks my heart. Every time I turn around, I hear another woman saying what they don’t like about themselves, how somebody made fun of them, how they have never felt they had value, and how afraid they are to voice their opinions for fear of others disapproving! You are good enough, and anyone who makes you feel like you are not, does not deserve to be in your life. This week, I am going to tell you why you are beautiful and why you matter! If I have to shout it from the rooftops, I want you to know that you matter, no matter where you are in life. You are loved, and you have far more value than you give yourself. Let’s not continue to pass this lack of self-value to our children and our children’s children. I don’t know about you, but I want my daughter to know, beyond doubt, that she has value and to not let anyone, and I mean, anyone make her feel inferior. She is loved, and all of you are loved. None of us are perfect, but we are all beautiful!
1. There is none other like you. “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
2. You are more precious than money or diamonds. “She is more precious than rubies.” (Proverbs 31:10)
3. You are forgiven! (So give yourself a break!) You do not have to be perfect, and you do not always have to have it all together! Jesus bore our sins for us. “Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)
4. You are beautiful! “Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?” (Matthew 6: 28- 30)
5. You are loved UNCONDITIONALLY! “And I am convinced that NOTHING can EVER separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow-not EVEN the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below-indeed, NOTHING in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8: 38-39)
If those scriptures are not enough evidence (and their are countless others) for you, then read the following:
1. One of my favorite all time books is “Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters” by Meg Meeker, M.D. (http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Fathers-Daughters-Secrets-Father-ebook/dp/B000X16PVE/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434394621&sr=1-1&keywords=strong+fathers+strong+daughters) It is written for fathers and daughters, but it has so much deeper meaning in all the chapters. I strongly encourage you to read it, let your daughters, sons, and spouses read it as well. One of my favorite quotes (and there are many) is: ” “So remember that when she pushes hard against your rules, flailing, crying that you are mean or unfair, she is really asking you a question: Am I worth the fight, Dad? Are you strong enough to handle me? Make sure she knows the answer is yes.” Let’s take back our children, especially our daughters, and make sure they never forget that they know they are worth the fight!
2. Stop comparing yourselves to others and know that you are worth it, you have a story, and you have a purpose! Know the truth, and don’t let go! Thanks to the following article for stating it so eloquently: http://moneysavingmom.com/2013/09/three-truths-that-pulled-me-out-of-a-pit-of-insecurity.html
Don’t believe the lie that you are not good enough! Thanks for reading!